Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Fair Sighting

From my post in the field where we are parking cars, I can see the hill where they have the horse pulls and rodeos.

Sunday evening while they were setting up for the draft horse pulls, I kept noticing this little blur of black and white running around one of the teams. Now these Percherons were HUGE!!! and I couldn't figure out what it was that was circling them. Finally, they were all harnessed and ready to get in line for their turn to pull, and all of a sudden this little (maybe 10 lbs???) toy fox terrier climbed up the harness and jumped onto the back of the largest horse. He stayed up there until the horses were finished pulling.

Evidently, he thought he was part of the pulling team!! It was soooo cute! I wish I had a camera with a good zoom lense!

2 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Oh how I wish you would have had your camera! They would have been something to see.

Hope you're weekend went well, inspite of having to play nurse. I'm with you. Yuck. Hope her wounds heal nicely. I know how serious this can be for one with diabetes.

Rochelle said...

too cute! My puppy would NEVER do that! She knows she weighs less than 3 pounds and would much rather be held than be on the ground. :)