Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Work Rant

If you are not in the mood to read a rant, you may want to click to the next blog.

I have one co-worker that is absolutely driving me bananas!!! I can usually work with anyone, and get along pretty well. She has definitely put a kink in my style!

This woman is one of the "Gladys Kravitz" types (from Bewitched). She's ALWAYS! GOT! HER! NOSE! IN! SOMEONE ELSE'S! BUSINESS! Therefore she always has "news" that she feels she must share. There have been times that she is breaching the privacy act and has been called on it.

She's, also, one of the types that knows just enough about computers to be dangerous using one. She locks her computer up at least once a day, sometimes more often. (Usually when we are the busiest!)

Lately, she has acquired a new irritating habit. If there are only 2 tellers in the lobby, and she happens to be one of them, she becomes extremely chatty with every customer that she gets. On Saturday, in one 55 minute period, I waited on 42 customers, she waited on 7. DOCUMENTED!! This evening?? I had 25 while she waited on 5. Again DOCUMENTED!!

When it came time to close for the day, I had completed all of the necessary closing tasks except for checking every one's drawers to make sure there were no bundles of money or customer documents left out. I suggested that maybe my dear co-worker could take care of the last task, AND SHE HUFFED AND SAID SHE ALWAYS HAS TO DO EVERYTHING!!!

I grabbed my purse and book, and left before I could say or do anything that I might be sorry for. (Then again--maybe I wouldn't have been sorry, but it sure wouldn't have been a good example.)

Okay, well, now that I have gotten that off my chest I feel a little more relaxed. I think I'll go do the dishes and sew for a while.

4 comments:

The Broken Man said...

The bit i dont understand is - why did you leave without saying something? Why havent you exploded at her? Pointed out that she is making your life a living misery? She might not know - it sounds like she thinks she is working super hard - TELL HER!!

MotherT said...

Ah, but Broken Man, she's one of the people that just don't "get it". A supervisor has pointed out that she is breaching privacy when she shares "news", but her response is that she just feels everyone should know. She truly feels no need to change, no matter how many times she's faced up to. Clueless is a good description.

The Ogre said...

Broken Man, I can also attest to the Amazing Clueless-ness of this co-worker...She really doesn't get it

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Ranting feels good, doesn't it? At least controled on a blog. LOL

Mrs. Nurse Boy