In preparation for Thanksgiving baking, I was digging through my recipes looking for a Dutch Apple Pie and a Texas Sheet Cake recipe. I know I have them written on index cards somewhere in the chaos that is my stash of recipes. I couldn't find them for anything. So, I went online and found them at All Recipes.
However, I did find a treasure hidden in my recipes. What was really funny, was I didn't realize it until I was checking to make sure I had all of the ingredients to make a Caramel Crunch Apple Pie. (This recipe is one of Sir Nottaguy-Imadad's all time favorites!)
As I was looking through the ingredients list, and the directions, I flipped the piece of paper over and, lo and behold:
The very first note that Sir Nottaguy-Imadad ever wrote to me.
We were in Business College together and had an instructor that was determinedly playing match-maker. One of the girls had gone to school with Sir from Kindergarten through graduation and she was in most of my classes. This note came in response to a question I asked through D about whether Sir would like to get together for dinner some night. Since I was a single Mom and going to school, going out wasn't much of a possibility (no babysitter money), but I knew I could cook well and could serve a good meal.
He did come for dinner. We had lasagna. The rest of the story is hilarious, but I will save it for another time.
I do need to organize and rearrange my recipes. Who knows? There may be more hidden treasures!

1 comment:
I love "how we met" stories! Write more about it, please!!
Post a Comment