Friday, October 12, 2012

Moving Slowly

There's lots of things moving slowly around here these days.

The clean up at Daniel's & Caroline's house.  The insurance adjuster just got the cleaning company there yesterday.  There's supposed to be a dumpster set down soon so that the hard work of tearing out damaged stuff can begin.  In the meantime, the kids and grand kids and dogs are living in a hotel and trying to make it seem like the normal thing.

My nieces, A & L, are s-l-o-w-l-y coming to realize that I'm not kidding about the after school routine.  Come in, sit down & get your homework done WHILE you have a small snack!  Everyone eats supper in the dining room together! (The movie can be paused since it is a DVD or VHS!) YES, you must at least eat 3 bites of everything on your plate or there's NO DESSERT! And, finally, if there are toys left out, every child is responsible for cleaning them up.  (Playing is teamwork, therefore, clean up is teamwork!)

I'm, also, moving a little slower because I took a bit of a tumble bright and early yesterday morning.  I was heading back to my room and caught my foot on the ladder to the grandkids' bunk bed.  My head and right shoulder connected with the corner of the large oak filing cabinet on my way to the floor.  I have a lovely bump and bruise on the right side of my head/face and a cascading-colored bruise down my right shoulder/upper arm.  (When I got in bed last night, I realized that my ribs on the right side are sore as well.  It was a bit of a restless night for me!)  Sir Nottaguy-Imadad barreled up the stairs to check on me and help me get back to my feet, then he called work and took an emergency vacation day.  He made sure I stayed down most of the day and took very good care of Eva and Shanna.  He's such a great hubby!  God really blessed me with him!

This morning I'm feeling more achey, but not as shaky as yesterday.  The bruises are showing up in all their glory.  By Sunday morning, I will have trouble finding clothes that will hide all of them.

Is anything moving slowly in your world?

2 comments:

Vee said...

Oh that fall sounds nasty. Take care... Your hubby sounds like a peach.

MotherT said...

Believe me, Vee, he really is a wonderful man!

I'm feeling better, but I'm still moving slowly.