Monday, January 28, 2013

Interesting

The Daniel Fast has ended, for which I am thankful.

It was an interesting time of re-prioritizing for me on my personal devotion time and purpose.

I, also, took time to do some research about some home school teaching methods and curriculum.  I'm strongly investigating the McGuffey Primer to start teaching reading. I'm seriously thinking of buying the Prairie Primer to hold on to until Shanna is doing 3rd grade work.

Despite my best plans, my sewing room is still a wreck and I have an ever-growing pile of mending that REALLY needs attention.

My preschool girls are really starting to get "the hang" of doing their paperwork.  We are starting to use pencils now instead of crayons and markers.  Even Shanna, who is only 2 1/2, is starting to sing her ABCs and count to 10 with us.  I've started asking them questions about the books we read during story time and they are learning to listen closely so they can answer.  Eva is starting to pick out words that she recognizes and she LOVES books that rhyme!

Speaking of Eva, she turned 4 on Saturday.  It doesn't even seem possible!  The time is just speeding on.  Jessica's birthday is today.  My baby girl is 31.  I remember clearly when she was Eva's age and it seems like it was just a year or so ago.

Well, today is getting ready to be interesting.  The city schools are closed due to icy road conditions, so that means I will have David Riley as well as Eva in a little while.  My house is a wreck because this weekend was the first Bible Quizzing tournament, so I was away all day Saturday and I refuse to do housework on Sunday. (If God said the 7th day was a Sabbath, and a day of rest, I'm NOT bucking Him!)

I hope to get caught up on reading blogs and commenting in the next few days.  Have a lovely Monday!

1 comment:

Vee said...

Oh I am sure that your little students love story time and I hope that you do choral reading with them as well. Children just love it!

Glad that the fasting season is over for now...

Did you have to mention "wreck" and "sewing room" in the same sentence?