Monday, June 26, 2006

A Finals Weekend



This has been a VERY busy weekend. It started out with Ohio Junior Quizzing State Finals. What a wonderful time!!!! The kids had great attitudes and we all had so much fun. These pictures are from quizzing.

The first picture is of the 100% Club. These quizzers have memorized all of the assigned verses from Matthew (a total of 276 verses) and can not only quote the verses but can give the location of each verse. What an amazing group of kids!!!! The second picture is of Bro. Anthony Triona, the Ohio District Junior Quiz Master. He was nominated by the quizzers to receive a cream pie in the face. Needless to say they pretty much mashed it all over his head! Its a good thing that he is such a good sport.

Not only was this a quizzing finals weekend, but our good friends, Donnie and Charity Ryan, and their children were having their last weekend with our home church. Donnie has been elected the pastor in Minerva, Ohio. It was a very emotional Sunday!!!! The bottom picture is of a 4 foot cut out of Donnie (in the background, to the right, is the real life version) that a couple of our younger ministers created to do an interesting and amusing "interview" with Donnie. They scripted their questions so that they could take taped excerpts from Donnie's sermons as answers. It was absolutely hilarious!!!

We are going to miss the Ryans alot, but I'm sure we will get our doses of Ryan humor and fun periodically. I'm really excited about the work that they will be doing in Minerva. I can't wait to start reading the victory reports on Donnie's blog.

Well, I have a wedding dress to get finished. I, also, have to get my grandson, Riley to Kindergarten Kamp this week. I can't believe that Riley and Abby will be starting Kindergarten. Time really does fly!!!!

Have a great day, Folks!

1 comment:

Liz said...

That looks like it would have been hilarious to be there, as well as emotional.