Friday, September 2, 2011

In The Van, Part 2

Driving down to the Sweet Corn Festival with a very full van is not so bad.

Driving home with the same crew, hot, tired, soaked with butter and sweet corn slop, with a sick 10 yr. old is not so much fun!!

Said 10 yr. old kept telling me he wasn't hungry. I didn't think much about it. When it's  90+ degrees, I'm not very hungry either.  I gave him a bottle of Powerade to keep him hydrated.

I should have clued in faster.

There was a sudden pulling off of the road and ejecting spewing child out of the side door, while several of us tried (mildly successfully) to clean the van up for the remainder of the ride back home.

DR slept the rest of the way home, and was fine by this morning, but Nana & DR had a LONG discussion about the difference between not being hungry and having an upset stomach.  We, also, discussed why it was necessary to keep your protein and electrolytes balanced well in this heat.

We'll see if I made my point.

No comments: