If you were ever in any doubt that Central Ohio has extreme changes in weather, let me submit the weather of the last few days for evidence:
Friday, Sept. 2: 95 degrees F, heat index of 100
Saturday, Sept. 3: 98 degrees F, heat index of 104
Sunday, Sept. 4: 85 degrees F, thunderstorms
Monday, Sept. 5: 62 degrees F, cloudy and windy
Today, Sept. 6--forecast is for a repeat of yesterday with some possible rain tossed in for good measure.
My body just cannot adjust to such rapid temperature changes very well. I spent yesterday huddling under a fleece throw. Today I am wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and considering hunting out a pair of socks.
Don't get me wrong. I am not in favor of revisiting the 90+ degree temps, however, I would like a break-in period to the cooler fall weather. It would be so nice to be able to just gradually change from summer clothing to fall to winter. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen.
1 comment:
That's why it's called "Fall". That's exactly what the temperature did. Rapidly.
Post a Comment