Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Great Big Child in My House...

Okay, for those of you who know the WonderHusband, this story will come as no surprise, but for those of you who don't know him--here is a real-life glimpse:

The local Christian radio station is a HUGE supporter of Veggie Tales. Every time a new movie is being released, they stage a huge pre-release showing complete with Veggie Tale sing-a-longs, prizes and lots of fun. We usually try to take David Riley to these Veggie Tale Premiers, but even if he can't go for some reason, the WH and I still go because the WH L!O!V!E!S! Veggie Tales!!

As a matter of fact, he owns them all on VHS or DVD. Yes, I said ALL!!!!

A week and a half ago, the WH had to have an oral surgeon finish removing a wisdom tooth that had broke off at the gum line when our dentist tried to pull it out. This extraction happened on a Friday morning. That night was the Veggie Tale Premier of "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's". Mind you, the oral surgeon had to put WH to sleep--general anesthetic, here--and the man was in a whole world of pain. Vicodin was just taking the edge off. BUT do you think the WH was going to miss seeing this movie a whole week before it was released for sale???? NAY, I TELL YOU, NAY!!!! So, Jessica, David Riley, and I took the WH to see the movie. He had a great time, even thru the pain.

Last night, the radio station was playing a trivia game, and the winner was going to receive--you guessed it--the Brand New Veggie Tale DVD--"The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's". Between the two of us, we must have submitted a gazillion guesses before we finally came up with the winning answer! Even as I was hanging up the phone from giving all of the wonderful information they asked for, the WH was heading to the car to go claim his DVD!!! The director of the station was laughing when WH walked in!!!

The WH has now gone thru all of the extras on the DVD AND watched the movie again.

4 comments:

the lizness said...

sah-wheet!

NinjaJohn said...

This means your WH is in good health, just make sure his nose is dry and warm, gets plenty of food and water, and your very own WH will be around for a long time. Thank you for purchasing your very own WH from Blam-O!

Jewel said...

That is sooooo sweet, Theresa! And how wonderful that he got his very own copy....free!! I've never watched veggie tales. Maybe I need to go by the library and get one and watch it to see what I've been missing?

Carolyn said...

Ah haha! Oh, that's funny! Even though we've had that DVD for over a week, and Jonathan has watched it umpteen times, I still have yet to get thru it all ONCE. Chasing after 1/2 dozen kids doesn't afford for much movie watching I guess. :) And yes, Sis.Jewel, I would highly encourage viewing a Veggie Tales movie. They are very very cute movies! (I'm sure "WH" could recommend a few...) :)